Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Launches on Sephora Malaysia

3:30 PM




The internet was definitely shook when Rihanna released Fenty Beauty's promotional video online early this week. It is said to be the most inclusive beauty branded video that has ever been made. -featuring models from different ethnicities, background and skin color, I could see why the hype was real when Fenty Beauty was released earlier this morning. The queue at Sephora KLCC started from as early as 5 in the morning for fans to be the first ones to get their hands on these highly-awaited beauty brand when the doors opened at 10 a.m. 


Although the range isn't as wide (the brand is currently carrying 90 SKUs that includes foundation, contour and correcting sticks, highlighters, powder, blotting paper, brushes and lip gloss) it is still impressive as a start. There are 40 shades of foundation available from the lightest to darkest that I finally got a shade closest to my actual skintone. As Fenty Beauty focuses on Rihanna's natural beauty style of makeup,  the range is limited to mostly skin-based items. The contour sticks did not turn grey so I quite like it although I'm not a big fan of cream based contouring. I did not try the correcting sticks as I don't like to cake my base on my very dry skin. 

Rihanna also included blotting powder and paper for sisters with oily skin like hers and I'm pretty sure you lot would actually appreciate that (note that the blotting paper looks like the infamous rolling paper, which is actually really cool). Highlighters are a must-get in my opinion. I got one in the darkest shade to be used as blusher and I can't be more in love as it gives me a healthy, glowing blush even without foundation on. The lipgloss is a gem for me as I like natural, healthy sheen and it's not overly sticky like other glosses I've tried. Applied correctly and it looks like a slick, juicy layer of water on the lips. 


In partnership with Kendo Brands, an LVMH-owned beauty developer, Fenty Beauty was launched today in 1600 stores across 17 countries in a very anticipated launch. Rihanna was inspired to create Fenty Beauty after a search for products that worked across all skin types and tones - inclusivity is priority and being universal is key to this brand's goals. The brand is edgy yet feminine, very much like Rihanna herself and she aims to provide everyone with The Fenty Face, Rihanna's rea-life method for killer radiance. The products were created as key to starting your makeup, no matter the look you're going for. 



Fenty Beauty is now available in Sephora Malaysia stores as well as website. Price ranges from RM70 to RM230.


To read more of my live on-site reviews with videos and swatch photos, click HERE

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe